SitePlayer Firmware Update v1.6
You must be able to communicate with SitePlayer using SiteLinker in order to use the update. Test SiteLinker's communication by loading the RCVR.SPB file into SitePlayer with Download SitePlayer F4 command. If you cannot find SitePlayer with SiteLinker, use the Serial Tester program to Get or Set SitePlayer's IP address. Make sure your Password and IP address are set properly under SiteLinker's Configure menu.
Do not perform serial port I/O to the SitePlayer during Ethernet downloading of new firmware, or web pages. If you must perform this action in the field, you need to have some customer interlock so that serial port activity stops during the updates. This could include resetting the device processor that talks to SitePlayer, or disconnecting the cable between the device processor and SitePlayer.
**DO NOT TOUCH SITEPLAYER FOR 15 SECONDS AFTER FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD IS COMPLETE**
Power must not be interupted! Do not press the reset button during this period!
1. Download and Unzip Update
2. Start SiteLinker program
3. Load Firmware Update with File, Open menu
4. Update SitePlayer with Download SitePlayer F4 command
5. DO NOT TOUCH SITEPLAYER FOR 15 SECONDS AFTER DOWNLOAD IS COMPLETE
6. Reload web pages with SiteLinker after the 15 seconds have passed
SitePlayer Firmware Update History
· Shipping version
· Fixed a UDP receive bug where only one byte was written into an object even though a multiple byte request was sent
· SPI bug fix for SPI port reading
· ARP bug fix for problem on various routers
· DHCP now waits 3 seconds before asking for an IP address instead of immediately upon reset to insure that routers/switches detect the 10/100 speed before the DHCP request is sent.
· Now only SitePlayer's with a fixed internal addresses of 0.0.0.0 will allow the setting of the IP address through a ping.
· Once address is set with a ping it cannot be changed until a reset or a power up for security reasons.
· A bug in Ping was fixed. Now packets from 1 byte to 212 bytes work fine.
· Fixed ^object:S ^object:P for negative and positive sign generation. Added ^object:M which emits "M" for Minus and "P" for plus.
· Added dhex object type for hex output of bytes and hex input of data
· Added SPI object
· Added Serial Output Object
· Added UDPsend for asyncronous UDP packet sending of objects by the device processor
· Added $parse command in SiteLinker, chooses the extension of the files that will be searched for objects. Also does not place a header on the file.
· Added UDPreceive function
· Added port address for downloading so routers can be configured for multiple SitePlayer's to be downloaded from a single IP address
· Added HalfSec object which is a half second downcounter
· Added exitif0 object modifier which will cut short a page's output if the object value is equal to 0 can be used with Halfsec above to limit the length of time someone gets to see a web page. Or can be used for securtity purposes to allow a device processor to open and close the viewing of pages.
· Fixes for web page loading under some browsers or network circumstances
· Fixes concerning DHCP address allocation